Friday, June 1, 2012

Book Review for The Final Summit

Try as I might, I just could not get into this book. A lot of the story seemed too obvious (lots of allusions to the main character being based on Dave Ramsey), and just slow in general. I understand that it's a sequel, but I truly don't see the prequel novel helping my opinion of this book a lot.

The majority of the story takes place in a meeting, and I get enough of those at work. I don't need to read about them when I'm not at work. It's an interesting scenario, but it definitely left me feeling very under-whelmed as the setting for the story.

This book was received through the Book Sneeze program. Most of the books that they have available are Christian-oriented books, but this title was very light on anything I would call Christian principles. As others have pointed out, the author seems to deal with more of a 'self-help' frame of mind that's contrary to the message of Christ. The lack of any real faith-based ideals only further turned me off of the book.

I'm giving it a 2 out of 5 for the occasional interesting part, but I truly didn't enjoy the book very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment